Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day #8- March 16, 2017

 Today I was noticing how the water and the ice seem to play with each other.  I know that sounds strange, but there is something about the way the water tosses around the ice pieces along the windy shoreline, even tossing them up into piles on the land.  And then there's the way the ice covers and traps the waves as they travel underneath it and approach the shoreline and then the water finds a small hole in the ice and escapes dramatically as a geyser.
  I almost missed a beautiful ice formation in Thoreau's Cove.  I noticed that another set of footprints led down to the water and I decided to follow them to see what intrigued someone to go down there.  A beautiful layered ice cave suspended above the water glistened in the sunlight.  Just gorgeous. Thanks, whoever belongs to those footprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment